- Determining priority areas of high impact R&D through R&D classification, technology scanning, clearing house technology service provision and scope setting as well as modus operandi of strategic and prioritised R&D areas.
- Determining R&D /STI initiatives that align with government policies
- Identifying and highlighting potential new technologies and industry sectors that is able to spur the growth of new markets in STI, via discussion and engagement with stakeholders
- Coordinating the integrated efforts of R&D implementation among ministries, stakeholders and industry players by identifying funding mechanisms and strategic research classifications to link fundamental and applied research
- Enacting, monitoring and reviewing policies and guidelines related to STI
- Identifying areas of expertise and talent to support the development of new technologies and implementation of the national STI programme
- Identifying infrastructural needs and facility related to STI to support the growth of country