The Finance Division led by the Under Secretary, comprises of three sections namely Budget, Procurement and Account. These three sections are responsible in managing the financial affairs of the Ministry.
The Finance Division plays an important role in preparing the budget for the Ministry, Departments and Agencies under MESTECC. This Division is accountable for handling and processing the procurement of work, supplies and services for open tender, restricted tender, quotation, direct negotiation and direct purchase. Besides that, all payments under Operating Expenses and Development Expenses are also managed by this Division.
To ensure all MESTECC’s ICT services, facilities and requirements inclusive of hardware, software, network, security and infrastructure are being managed and administered accurately, securely and timely according to the Ministry’s needs in order to provide an effective and efficient delivery system
- Coordinate the preparation of budget from Divisions and Departments under the Ministry and address it within the time prescribed
- Manage bill payments, pay, travel claims and other allowances for the Division within the period as prescribed by Treasury
- Manage individual’s advance applications, warm clothing allowance, shifting, housekeeping, club membership, vestment to the Ministry and Departments under the Ministry and official functions’ proposition / Ministry’s and Departments workshop at hotels
- Monitor the value of procurement and execute procurement of work, supply and service within the limit for open tenders, restricted tenders, quotations, direct negotiations and direct purchases
- Coordinate the implementation of e-SPKB system for all Divisions and Departments under the Ministry
To provide services with integrity, transparency and accuracy within the prescribed period from the date of receipt of complete documents for;
- Payment is within 14 days
- Travel Warrant in 5 working days
- Meetings / Official Events (Pakej Mesyuarat / Keraian Luar Pejabat) in 14 working days
- Meetings / Official Events (Pakej Mesyuarat / Keraian Luar Pejabat) involving approval from Treasury of Malaysia in 30 working days
- Supplementary Warrants (Waran Peruntukan Asal) in 7 working days
- Establishment Warrants (Waran Peruntukan Kecil) in 7 working days
- Virement Warrants (Waran Pindah Peruntukan) in 7 working day
- For Government procurement Direct Purchase in 5 working days
- Quotation in 14 working days and Tender in 30 working days.
- Processing of computer dan car loans within 7 working days
- Allowances (Pendahuluan Diri, Pakaian Panas, Pindah Rumah) within 3 working days