National Nanotechnology Centre (NNC) (previously known as National Nanotechnology Directorate) was established on 13th January 2010 and officially began operations in July 2010 under the auspices of MOSTI. NNC serves as the National Focal Point for the coordination of research, development and all related activities of nanotechnology in Malaysia. NNC is also tasked to create awareness by creating a conducive environment that encourages invention, innovation and technology development in the nanotechnology community.
NNC has the responsibility to evaluate and monitor applications for funding of R&D projects under ScienceFund, TechnoFund and DSTIN. The primary Field of Research under these programmes are nanotechnology, nano materials, catalyst and reaction engineering and functional materials.
- To develop national capability and capacity through the development of policies, infrastructure, facilities, and early education in nano sciences;
- To boost human capital in the field;
- To plan and coordinate activities that contribute to the development of nanotechnology-based industries;
- To plan education and public awareness programmes; and
- To develop health, safety and environmental initiatives
National Nanotechnology Centre
Minitstry of Science, Technology and Innovation
Level 4, Block C7, Complex C
Tel: 03-8885 8661
Fax: 03-8885 8686